Update: 457 visas & dairy industry labour agreement
The dairy industry labour agreement will continue to be in force and applications can continue to be made.
The visa length remains at 4 years.
– Requirement for Labour Market Testing has been increased from 6 months to 12 months – this is the period of time in which applicants
must advertise for Australian workers before making an application. There is a new PDF you can complete online:
Summary of Domestic Recruiting Efforts document;
– Processing time will now be a maximum of 6 months – up from 3 months;
– All Labour Agreements will be reviewed over the next 12 months;
– New version: DIBP Booklet – Labour Agreements – Information about Requesting a Labour Agreement May 2017*;
– New information sheet specifically for the dairy industry labour agreement* available;
– Updated: Labour Agreement FAQs
– Updated: Labour Agreement – tips for completing Business Case proforma
Over the next few months, some more of the documentation will be reviewed and reformatted into an online format – we will keep you updated via email and keep an eye on the website which is clearly marked where information has been updated.
Read more about the457 visas and the labour agreement (resources are at the bottom of the page)
Note: Dept. of Immigration and Border Patrol (DIBP) website is being updated. Documents are available at The People in Dairy as listed, when available.
Please direct all queries about the application process or the information required to the Immigration Department