National Wage Review – applies to Pastoral Award from 1 Nov 2020
The Fair Work Commission has announced a 1.75% increase to the National Minimum Wage (NMW) following its 2020 Annual Wage Review.
Annual Wage Review Decision
- Usually, this applies from 1 July, however in 2020 this is not the case. For the Pastoral Award 2010: new minimum wages start from the first full pay period starting on or after 1 November 2020 due to COVID-19.
- In WA, for non national system employers in the dairy industry which are award free (sole traders and partnerships and trusts with individual trustees) the 2020 state minimum wage will not increase until 1 January 2021.
- As usual, the increase to the minimum wage only applies to award payments and if you are paying above the award, you do not have to increase the rate paid unless you wish to do so
- From 1 July 2020, the high income threshold is $153,600 per annum (WA is tbc)
Pastoral Award 2010 rewrite
- Over the past 6 years, the Fair Work Commission has been reviewing the Pastoral Award 2010 along with all other industry awards.
- We expect the Pastoral Award 2010 to be finalised sometime in the second half of 2020 and renamed the Pastoral Award 2020.
- While most changes have been already inserted into the award we expect that there will be substantial changes to layout and numbering of the award.
- We will keep you up to date so you have the latest version available at the workplace as is required by law.
More information to follow – we are in the process of updating the website.