New Labour market testing requirements as of 1 October 2020 – visas
All nominations lodged on or after 1 October 2020 must comply with new rules regarding about labour market testing.
The new rules apply to 482 and 494 visas in the Employer sponsored stream and the 482 and 494 visas in the Dairy Industry Labour Agreement stream.
Read the rules at the Department of Home Affairs website.
Essentially in addition to previous requirements, you must do the following:
- Advertise the nominated position on the Government’s Jobactive website
- The Jobactive advertisement must have included all of the information required to be included previously which is detailed via the link listed above
- Jobactive advertisements are expected to have run for at least 4 weeks
- Applications or expressions of interest for the advertised position must have been accepted for at least 4 weeks
- Evidence of a total of 3 advertisements, including an advertisement published on the Government’s Jobactive website, must be provided at the time the nomination is lodged