Farm safety rebate (Victoria)
The Victorian Government (through Agriculture Victoria) has provided an opportunity to improve safety outcomes on farms.
Rebates of up to $5,000 are available with at least 50% co-contribution to assist eligible farm businesses to invest in infrastructure and equipment
Eligible activities include the following (refer to the Farm Safety Rebate Scheme Guidelines for a complete list):
- Child safety fencing and installation costs to create safe on-farm play areas
- Safety and warning signs; e.g. children at play, traffic management, speed limits, overhead powerlines, chemical hazard, deep water, water not for drinking, steep descent, hearing protection must be worn etc.
- Animal handling equipment; sheep handling systems, cattle crush etc.
- Animal management; loading ramps, man-gates, access platforms, roofed sheep races
- Chemical hazards; dedicated chemical storage sheds (AS2507), spill washdown and shower facilities, eye wash station etc.
- Upgrade of shearing, dairy or machinery shed electrics to install safety switches or improve power systems and lighting
- Emergency shut off switches for existing machinery and equipment
- Retrofit back brace hanging points in shearing sheds
- Reversing camera on farm tractors and vehicles
- Retrofit of seatbelts, seatbelt warning lights, deadman switches etc.
- Retrofit of guarding on machinery and plant where guards did not previously exist.
For more information about how the scheme works, including eligibility and how to apply visit Rural Finance website
Applications close on 31 December 2021.